Family came from all over the world, with myself and Granny's cousin Helen winning the prize for the farthest travelled (she came from Vancouver), and we spent a lovely weekend together at a hotel with a big function room for a party and large lunch the next day.

After my hellish jet-lag on my last trip I was determined to strategise somewhat differently this time, and got a prescription for Zopiclone (sleeping tablet) to help me out. I stayed awake on the first leg watching movies, had a 2-hour stopover in Bangkok, then popped a tablet at the beginning of the second leg and slept like a baby! (It helped that I had three seats to myself so could lie flat!) I arrived in London at 6am wide awake and ready for the day, and apart from a few early nights I pretty much sorted my body clock out immediately. DEFINITELY recommed it, the whole experience was much less stressful and I didn't waste any of my precious few days in the UK.
Anyway, back to the party... We got our glad rags on and gathered in the function room of the hotel. A great night was had by all -- Granny was the centre of attention and we had cake and jollities, the once the olds had hit the hay the rest of us danced into the night. Lots of fun.

The next day we had a sit-down dinner, after having soaked up our hangovers with a cooked breakfast. Paddy and Paul made little speeches and we shed a tear in memory of Jonathan, who would have loved to have seen the family all together for this special occasion.
My new hot red lipstick went down very well! Seems this is a look I should get out more often. And Michael's iPod fared us well into the night after Chris White and his band finished their set.
I'll blog about my London trip and white Christmas shortly, but in the meantime I've been uploading pics from my trip here. Nearly done! Phew.
cx

2 comments:
..'We know how to throw a PAAAARTY.' X
Post a Comment