Saturday, 16 May 2009

Never work with children or animals...

Our campaign has finally hit the streets, and once I get myself a shiny new camera I'll post more pics here. I'm really proud of the campaign this year -- I've thoroughly enjoyed working with our new designers and I think we've hit on a fun and engaging campaign. It centres round 'Don't Try This At Home' -- with a couple of 15 second TVCs where a geeky guy is trying to recreate his festival experience at home, and a pug dog who looks disparagingly at him when the plans fail.

Pugalicious


The program guide, always the cause of many sleepless nights and 16-hour days at work, is finally out there, and I've had some great feedback about the accessibility and clarity of the content this year.

The TVC and photo shoot was heaps of fun, with two young pug dogs providing endless amusement. It was their first gig and they were very excitable, but luckily we got out of them what we needed -- all in a single day!

Hard work paying off


Now I'm launching a new website, and for the first time, our own ticketing system. It's proved to be a mammoth task, and unfortunately has launched with some glitches, which we're working round the clock to address. I'm 24/7 on skype with our website developers in Brisbane making sure everything is dealt with in the right order. Hopefully it will all be bug-free by Monday.

This is my 100th post since starting the blog -- amazing that I've kept it up this long! I know when the festival madness takes me over I'm less prolific, but it's great to still entertain you all with my little ponderings on life in Australia. I'm looking forward to visiting Europe in September to have those ponderings over a pint of beer in the pub.

cx

No comments: