Saturday, 30 May 2009

Behind the scenes

This weekend we're moving to the city. Everything including the kitchen sink (from the office) has been moved to a room under the State Theatre, and for the next three weeks the entire staff of the festival will be based in a basement under our main venue. On Friday we packed all of our necessaries into boxes and stickered our computers for the move. Sponsor wine and chocolate oiled the wheels of this operation, and we all became progressively more hysterical that the Beast is almost upon us. Yes, after a year's hard slog, the whole thing will be over in a flash.

Proud mama


Meanwhile, I'm getting excited seeing the fruits of my labours on the streets of Sydney. Posters, lightboxes, taxibacks, flags, ads, leaflets, all adorn my city, and the newspapers feature something about us every day! It's great -- I'm really looking forward to seeing the audiences themselves.

... and at nighttime


And today I got one of the most important things sorted... the Opening Night frock. I don't want to show you it until the official pictures, but here's a sneak preview:

Eek!


The countdown has begun: 4 more sleeps! (And 16 more until I get my life back!)

cx

2 comments:

Sheilaabroad said...

Love the dress Carmel LOL definitely one for my collection

:-)

Enjoy the madness

All my love
Sheila xxx

Liz and Keith ......on the beach said...

Good Luck Darling! Have a fab 3 weeks! Love Mum x