Okay, bad photo, I know, that was at 2am after a long night out, 'scuse the black rings under the eyes! Immediately after I'd had the hair chopped off I went to the Opening Night of the Mardi Gras Film Festival, Sydney's Lesbian and Gay Film Festival. Running late, I texted my friend Alex that I'd meet her in the foyer. 'I'm the one who looks like a Lezza' I quipped. Of course come interval-time I blended into a sea of short-haired women, but I finally found her and shocked her with the 'do. Over the last two years Alex's hair has grown progressively longer and mine has been chopped progressively shorter.

I didn't tell anyone I was getting my hair cut so I'm looking forward to everyone's reactions over the next couple of weeks. I took pictures of Edie Sedgwick and Sienna Miller into the hairdressers as my inspiration. Now I'm practicing blowdrying the style and putting on lots of dark eye make-up to keep up the look.
We've had a real cold snap here in Sydney this last week, with constant rain and cold days. So cold I've even taken my doona down from the top of the wardrobe and last night I even wore a coat out! Eek, winter come early! Hopefully the weather will ease up for next weekend as I'm planning to play lawn bowls for my birthday party, and have rented a couple of rinks at Waverley Bowling Club. How very Australian.

Much of Australia is in a very sombre mood at the moment, with the worst bush fires in history raging in Victoria and South Australia. Hundreds of people have died and thousands have lost their homes and everything they own. Whole villages have been wiped out. I can't quite get my head around how fast the fire can travel, it's astonishing. Everywhere you go people are collecting money to help the victims of the fires, and a huge relief effort is going on. It's devastating.






More images are on news.com.au's website.
cx

2 comments:
OMG Carmel it is completely beyond my immagination how frightening the fires must be. I wish the whole of Oz well in these times.
Your hair looks amazing, very chic, I am almost tempted myself to go for the same style.
Enjoy yourself babe and hope you are recovering nicely!!!!
xxxx
You look absolutely gorgeous and beautiful hon. I love your new look. Nothing better than a drastic change for your 30th! I know what I'm talking about ;)
Post a Comment