First up, everyone's favourite pint-sized pop princess Kylie. An old school chum of mine just happens to be her sound guy, and is touring with her at the moment. He called me on Wednesday morning offering me some free tickets for the concert that night. I rallied a gang together (v difficult this side of Chrimbo) and we schlepped out to Homebush to see her live. Great gig -- she played for 3 hours and did about 16 costume changes -- the sets were amazing and the light shows were fantastic. She sure knows her audience -- lots of semi-clad male dancers with hot bodies and camp-as-christmas showpieces pleased many of the guys around me. And then she made everyone get down and boogie with her classics from the 80s -- The Locomotion, Better the Devil you Know, and even I Should be so Lucky! Took me back, it did. We love ya Kylie!
Christina and I could barely conceal our excitement at the release of High School Musical 3: Senior Year. We'd rented number 1 on DVD and have been waiting to see number 3 for ages. No sarcasm intended, I think they're fab films! Good clean fun for all the family, they introduce musicals to this popstar-obsessed generation and the dance numbers are so well choreographed. Plus, there's swoonsome Zac Efron and his chums to boot. (The teenage girls to our right in the cinema giggled loudly about how much they wanted to marry Zac every time he came on screen.) Plus, Christina and I both identify with Gabriella -- Chrissy because she's 'ethnic' (Gabriella is hispanic, Christina is of Italian origin) and I because she's a bookish geek. Anyway, number 3 did not disappoint -- stop groaning and go see it! It's just plain old Good Fun.


Then on Friday I skipped work and went to the Star Wars exhibition at the Powerhouse Museum (like the Science Museum in London). They had loads of the original costumes and the models which were used in the first three films. It was great seeing the Millenium Falcon and learning that Luke Skywalker's landspeeder was actually attached to a three-wheel car. The exhibition was really hands-on for the kids, and I got to make a lego car that hovered using electro-magnetism, which was pretty cool. Just a big kid, me.
Christmas is drawing near now and summer is well underway. Marianne and Francois hosted a pool party today at their Vaucluse pad, what a way to spend a summer afternoon.

Hope you're all having fun wearing your Christmas jumpers and getting ready for sprouts and gravy!
cx

No comments:
Post a Comment