
Although we did go on a splendid bushwalk the majority of our time was spent in the cottage, gathering around the log fire, gazing out at the view, chilling, reading, cooking, eating and most of all watching films. Matt brought his projector and we cleared a whole wall to project films onto. A mixed bag of mainly horror films ensued, until someone had the bright idea of propping the projector up so it beamed up onto the ceiling and we were all strewn on mattresses on the floor watching films effortlessly up above. Move over Cecil B DeMille. Pure decadence!

See more pics from the trip here, including Carmel's stylish modelling of walking boots and waterproof jackets. Totally unnecessary.
Since the festival my cheesy film-watching has been my therapy: after a six-month period of talking about fantastic world cinema, it seems I needed some trash to balance it out. Among the films I have watched are:





As well as the aforementioned Labrynth, Princess Bride, The Muppet Show, Enter the Dragon, The Big Chill, and heaps of episodes of the West Wing...
Anyway, cheesy films aside, I'm back in Sydney, working hard at post-festival wrap-up and getting ready for my Toronto trip in September.
I have more news too about my rollerskating escapades and filmmaking fun, but will blog again at the weekend. Hope those of you in the UK are enjoying the heatwave while I'm huddled against the heater.
cx

No comments:
Post a Comment