Sunday, 10 August 2008

Addiction

Hello folks. I mentioned a while back that I made a film for Kino Kabaret. Kino is a global movement which is all about making films with passion and a spirit of collaboration, and not simply waiting around with an idea but no drive to bring it to fruition on film. So many people feel they need funding and official backing to make films, when actually all you need is a good concept, a good team, and ambition.

Kino screenings are held once a month and people make their films for a particular Kino. I made this film with Alex last year for Kino after the SFF. Kino Kabaret is held twice a year, and instead of having a month to make a film, this time you only have 48 hours. So... I turned up at 10am on Monday 14 July without a clue of what I was going to make, had an idea by 11am, storyboarded it and met my actor at 4.30pm. Shot it that evening, recorded the sound the next morning, edited it the next afternoon and it screened at 6.30pm on Tuesday 15 July at the ACP. How's that for 'not being shackled by the burdens of time or money'?!



So that's the result. It's a little rough, could be edited tighter (about 1-2 mins shorter) but it was fun to make, Simon was a great sport, and it was a welcome creative release after the stress of work over the last few weeks.

cx

No comments: