Sunday, 20 July 2008

G'day Pope!

Sydney is full of pilgrims at the moment, who have gathered here from all over the world to see the Pope, who is visiting for World Youth Day. The city has been overrun by them, it's bigger than APEC. It's been frankly quite irritating, disrupting traffic, causing road closures and taking over our streets. They walk around in packs with their glowing orange backpacks, waving the flags of their nation, singing and clapping, all very disruptive. It was almost passed as a law last week that it was a criminal offence to 'annoy' the pigrims, but thankfully the government saw sense and it was not passed. Still, football chants such as 'Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Oi, Oi, Oi' are not going to catch on here, I fear.

Quality Journalism


In other news, I saw the new Batman film on the day it came out. IT'S AWESOME. A bunch of us queued up at Fox Studios and saw a late show, and were completely freaked out by the film, which is incredibly bleak and tense and quite simply amazing. I'm going to see it in IMAX next week, can't wait.

V excited while queueing for Batman


Tomorrow I'm going to the Blue Mountains for a few days with some friends. We've hired a cottage and are going to tromp around in the bush, eat lots and watch some movies. Heaven. Will blog when I'm back in the city, but I'm very much looking forward to the break.

cx

No comments: