My housemate Ruth has a family vault in this cemetery, which I discovered on the far bank, featuring Italian tiles and photos of her relatives!
It will be strange on Monday going into the office and being back to skeleton crew now that our teams have all reached the end of their contracts. The last few months have been exhausting and my thoughts are turning already to 2008’s festival, and the huge task in front of us.
With one of my new-found evenings I went to the theatre this week to see Othello at the Opera House. Coincidentally I went on the day that UNESCO declared the Sydney Opera House a World Heritage Site, so that was pretty cool. It really is a stunning building, I will never get bored of seeing it. The play wasn’t great – Iago put in a good effort, but Othello had no presence and was laughably wooden. Shame really. I plan to see as much theatre as possible over the next few weeks, and get to know a few of Sydney’s theatre companies.
Hopefully now that the festival is over I will have more interesting things to blog about, so check back for more thrilling instalments! I have also uploaded some pics onto my flickr site from the parties and the inner workings of the festival, so check those out too.
cx

1 comment:
Welcome back to the land of the living, I am so happy for you that the festival went well, great photos, love seeing you on stage, LuL Mum X
Post a Comment