Sunday, 10 June 2007

Glamour through the storms

And now it's here!


Quick one as I'm 24/7 festival - Opening Night was on Friday. I thought I'd escaped rainy opening nights by leaving London, but we woke up to a Category 1 storm warning on Friday morning, and had to throw all of our best-laid plans out of the window as we went into contingency mode with the pouring rain and howling wind! Check out Matt's great pic of Cate Blanchett through the rain. Covered in the Sun Herald and many other papers, we're really getting out there now. Coverage was impeded by the incredible storms that have ravaged the coast to the North - there have been deaths and plenty of destruction - so I guess I can't really complain too much.

Our flags are all over the city


It's all go tonight so I've got to dash. We've got another star-studded screening tonight with In the Company of Actors, and then we're all heading down to shake our hips at the Hula and Tiki Party, and dance to DJ Mister Maitai's Tiki Tunes. What fun!

The Opening Night Gala Party


Our podcast teams are doing really well too - their Opening Night episode was hilarious. (Episode 3)

Ok might blog next week when it's less crazy but gotta go now...

cx

1 comment:

Liz and Keith ......on the beach said...

hope the festival goes well, break a leg! love from liz N keith in corfu x