
Ahh, it’s all worth it – the festival program looks great – our launch went really well, I’m thrilled with the way things are going now and I can’t wait until June. There are some fab films in the program that I’m dying to see. I’ve also been working hard to get the website up and running – our new site can do lots of cool things and has plenty of images and video content which I’m really pleased about. There’s more content to follow too – the website was one of my key priorities and it’s great to make it grow and improve the technical features. It’s not perfect – there are still lots of things I would love to do with it, but we have $0 and are relying on the goodwill of many people to make these things happen. I’ve had to put a few things in the ‘2008 basket’ and admit to myself that I’m not going to achieve everything in 6 months, but some changes and innovations will have to wait until next year’s festival.
It’s now autumn in Sydney, which I’m loving. Cool enough in the evenings to wear jeans, closed shoes and little jackets. I’ve resurrected my morning porridge, and am even planning a roast dinner this evening for my housemates, in homage to an English Autumn. Who am I trying to kid? I still have to put suncream and shades on every day, and it’s too bright in our sunroom for the laptop… I can but hope it will get colder.

So this weekend I tried to potter around the house, put up some pictures (check out my framed Von – an original!), read a book (the new Graham Swift – excellent), chatted to my housemates (I listened to Ruth complaining about working 5 days a week with incredulity) and walked to the headland near Tamarama to breathe in the sea air. May-June is whale-watching season so you can spot whales off the coast if you’re lucky. Not sure I’ll have the time to spend looking out for them but if I see any I’ll take pics and put them up here.

I’ve put some photos of my local area on my flickr site so take a look – plus some of the vintage bullfighters I won in the auction, and which are now flanking my window. Yum.
Will blog again when I’m feeling even more human.
cx

1 comment:
The Website is FAB!!
Well done I feel very proud!
Big Hug!
Mum
X
Post a Comment