1) Never attempt to make Yorkshire puddings with gluten-free flour
and
2) Electric hobs are shit
Oh dear, claims of my gastronomic prowess are clearly being doubted by my housemates, as I ruined dinner two days in a row. Boasting about actually being from Yorkshire, and so best placed to be making Yorkshire puddings, I proceeded to make a tray of flat doughy greaseballs with burn bottoms and gluey middles, much to the dismay of Christina who thought them the highlight of her Sunday dinners while in England and was really looking forward to last weekend’s roast.

Then I proceeded to burn her brand new posh pan while trying to make stock from the chicken bones and veg peelings (electric hobs don’t seem to have a ‘simmer’ setting!). I think my mental state is not best placed to be ambitious in the kitchen, and I should stick to scrambled eggs until after the festival.

Apart from that am still working like a maniac and getting no rest. Ho hum.
cx
(PS Cannes begins! Ah me, I feel so far away!)

1 comment:
If it's any consolation, Wong Kar-Wai's Blueberry Pie was a culinary disaster in Cannes too...
Post a Comment