Wednesday, 29 November 2006

Long haul flights are evil

Eurgh. Two days spent on a plane is not fun. First leg - London-Malaysia - I was plonked next to a fat Geordie couple who necked Heineken for the full 12 hours until incomprehensible. Forced to avoid mindless conversation with them I watched The Break Up (laugh-sparse Vince Vaughn and Jennifer Anniston vehicle) and The Devil Wears Prada (actually quite fun 'dowdy girl turns stylish' comedy, with Meryl Streep doing a 'Glenn Close in 101 Dalmations' impression) Cried at both, needless to say. I'm very tired you know. Plus I read most of Daughter of Fortune by Isabel Allende which is fab.

Second leg to Sydney I was plonked next to a gang of Indian IT nerds who feigned interest in my life in a pretext to practice their English, until I thankfully collapsed under the weight of my fatigue and slept fitfully beneath the airline blanket with my legs sticking out into the aisle - there are times when I'm really glad I'm so short!

Have been in a daze since then - can't sleep at night and am exhausted by day - it's really hot and muggy and I don't recognise anything - haven't found anywhere to live - can't eat at normal times but am starving at 4am when there's nothing around... argh!

Looking forward to the adventure beginning...

cx

No comments: