Firstly, I got a new job, with a great company. This one. Basically Australia's number 1 producing theatre company. A month in and I'm loving it. The vibe is really positive and energetic, everyone's so passionate about theatre and it's a great atmosphere to work in. Little things about working in a producing theatre company are all so exciting, like the fact that there are rehearsals going on all the time, I'm getting to read scripts of new translations, the cast and crew are on site so my work is much more collaborative and I actually feel for the first time in ages that I'm getting to be creative every day. This is a huge inspiration to me, and I'm now spending all my free time researching about the productions and artists, totally immersing myself in the theatre world. And the company are really changing things, there's a great energy about the place. Plus I get to work on the Wharf:
Pretty gorgeous. When I cycle in to work I watch the sun sparkle on the harbour water, glance up at the bridge, and want to pinch myself just to remind myself it's real! A bit of a dream job this one. Oh and this is my boss.
So the move for work necessitated a move of house, as Bondi was going to be too big a commute for me. So finally, after almost five years, I've moved away from the beach. I've got a gorgeous apartment with my friend Beth, and we're living in Rushcutters Bay.
This is a lovely bay a short walk from King's Cross station and the famous Coca Cola sign close to Sydney's city centre. I'm really enjoying being closer to the city but still having some tranquility and water nearby. In the mornings I often take a walk along the bay, which is filled with the tinkling sound of yacht masts swaying in the breeze. And yes, Siobhan, I often wander past the Rushcutters Bay Yacht Club keeping my eye out for any dishy, eligible young yacht owners :-)
Our apartment is wonderfully 80s, with glass chandeliers in each room, and an entire wall of mirror tiles in the loungeroom. The bathrooms are brown and cream, and we even have a 'party oven' above the stove in the kitchen! We've got harbour views from the balcony, and a pool which it's still too cold to try out. It already feels like home, even more so after our very 80s housewarming party at the weekend!
So with a complete life overhaul I'm enjoying all the new things that have come my way. My new bicycle commute takes me through the city and round the harbour, I'm enjoying sampling the new local delis and cafes, I've joined a new pilates studio opposite the flat, I'm getting to know The Rocks area of Sydney much better, and I'm having fun getting to know my housemate Beth even more and realising how much we have in common! She's a drama teacher so our conversation often revolves around theatre, and we see lots of plays together.
Leaving the Bondi house was hard, as it's been my home for four and a half years, but sometimes there's a danger of life becoming stale if things are too familiar and comfortable, so I think this whirlwind of change is doing me good.
So now all you folks have to do is COME AND VISIT! Come on, who's my next visitor?
cx



1 comment:
It's all good stuff, lovely to see you are so happy, I have started saving to come over in about 18 months time :O)
Post a Comment