Wednesday, 25 May 2011

Another long weekend

My trip away at Easter gave me an appetite for long weekends, so a bunch of friends and I decided to take a Friday and Monday off work last weekend and go down the coast for a holiday. Nick's friend Dee has a house in Jervis Bay, which I'd visited in my first winter in Australia, in the beautiful Callala beach.

Chilling out at the beach house at dusk


Nick and I headed down early on Friday, did a massive shop for food and booze on the way, and proceeded to set up the house, mooched about in the garden, and started on the wine and prawns. I made some yummy shepherd's pie for dinner, and the others joined us in the evening for dinner and evening frivolities.

Then the weekend pretty much revolved around eating and drinking, mooching about on the lawn, the beach, the sofa; punctuated by the odd game of scrabble, doing the crozzle, playing with the kids (Sam: 2, Lucy: 6 months), and reading. The boys got manly and chopped up some driftwood to light a fire, and we lay underneath an impressive canopy of stars (without the light pollution of the city).

Nick and Sam build sandcastles


Pretty good reading seat


The boys get manly and chop firewood


Oysters!


Moonrise over the ocean


Dolphins: breakfast companions


All in all a great getaway weekend, spoilt only by the fact that I broke my little toe. Back to Sydney and some great lifechanging stuff, more about that later!

cx

No comments: