The other reason is that I've been in training. Somewhat foolishly a few months ago I decided that the City2Surf would be a good thing to aim for post-festival. This is a 14k run from the city to (yes, you guessed it) 'the surf' (ie Bondi Beach). About three quarters of the way round there is the notorious 'heartbreak hill' which is, well, I think you can imagine what it is, and just picture me trying to run up it! Argh! Basically, since the festival I have been attempting to become a runner. My occasional morning forays on the cliffs don't really count, apparently, as this is actually quite a long way, and my usual route is just over 4k.

Coupled with the series of bugs and colds and general post-festival run-down-ness, I haven't really progressed very far through the downloadable training program, and I'm now left with two days, yes TWO DAYS, left. Yes, it's this Sunday, setting off from Hyde Park at 9am. Erm, wish me luck!
Apart from that I'm busy trying to organise my Europe trip, and enjoying having a life again. I went to see the Flaming Lips who were awesome in concert, journeyed north across the harbour to see Jet live at Luna Park, and even did a spot of lawn bowling. Enjoying the glorious Australian winter, wondering what to pack for a UK September!
cx

1 comment:
Good Luck Hun!!!
with the CitytoSurf run!!!!
Mum x
;O) ... I'm a poet??!!)
Post a Comment