Yes, this winter's craze on the box is the first ever series of... Masterchef Australia! And. It. Is. Awesome. TV.
And to top it all it's on every single night of the week. Can you believe it. It's getting more viewers than Michael Jackson's funeral, every single evening. Madness! I've witnessed people running home along Bondi Road, clutching their takeaway pizzas, shouting "Quick, quick, we have to get home in time for Masterchef!".

Ingredients used in the recipes which have never even been heard of Down Under are now flying out of the stores. Campbell's Real Stock, which sponsors the show, is experiencing an unprecedented boost in sales.

It's also been a perfect antidote to the post-festival comedown, which I've experienced since the middle of June. I'm completely exhausted, have of course developed a cold now that my adrenaline reserves are depleted, and I'm tired like a nana and need to be in bed by 9.30pm!

So while mum and Keith are living it up in Corfu, gallavanting off in their boats around the island, basking in the Mediterranean summer heat, I'm rugging up in Sydney's winter months, and becoming a TV addict. Hurrah.
cx

No comments:
Post a Comment