Friday, 10 April 2009

Autumn days

Work is still dominating my life but I'm trying to capture the best of Autumn before winter sets in in earnest. A couple of weeks ago I did the 6km Bondi-Coogee cliff top walk (usually I only make it as far as Bronte) and went for a swim in the ladies pool in South Coogee. This is a secluded rock pool for women and children only, and costs only 20 cents (an honest donation in the box as you walk in!). I caught the last rays of the day while swimming in this ocean pool. Delicious.

Wedding cake island near Coogee


Man-eating Hazardous Marine Life at the ladies' pool


Then last weekend Christina and I visited Bronte House, a beautiful colonial property in Bronte which is only open to the public twice a year. The main attraction is the gardens which surround the property. Beautiful arrangements of trees, plants, succulents, all well-maintained by the resident gardener.

Bronte House


Christina in the gardens


The rare and ancient Wollemi Pine


The geek girl came out in me this week as I went to the World Premiere of Star Trek at the Sydney Opera House. What a great building to hold this event in, with its futuristic interior and spaceship-like shape! A chap called Peter, who works with me on the festival and who has become a good friend (he's like my Aussie dad!), was responsible for doing the technical fit-out of the Opera House for this premiere, turning the main 1500-seater Concert Hall into a cinema. This was no mean feat, I tell you -- with a huge crystal-clear screen installed and hundreds of speakers carefully placed by Dolby in the auditorium. I'm sure they spent an obscene amount of money 'making it so' but it was worth it -- it's a great movie, a fun action flick with excellent special effects. The cast was peppered with Aussie and Kiwi actors too which was great.

Early red carpet pic


Apologies for the gap between posts... they're like buses, I'm going to blog again this weekend as I'm doing something very exciting on Easter Sunday. Watch this space!

cx

No comments: