
As well as my funky Bondi hospitality, with barbecues, clifftop walks and body surfing in Bronte, we ventured together to Western Sydney, to visit some of Noreen's extended family and sample some traditional Hazara food. It was lovely to see Noreen's mum again, and her cousins were dead cute. Check out some pics on flickr of our trip.

I also managed to take the girls to some of my favourite breakfast places in Bondi. They sampled the delicious breakfast crumble at Gertrude and Alice's bookshop cafe, and we managed to get a couple of trips in to Jed's in North Bondi: the Caribbean-influenced cafe with the best coffee in town.
Jana has now gone home to London :o( but Noreen is about for a while longer, visiting a few other places but hopefully staying here again for a few days before she goes home. I need to make sure she cooks me her legendary lentil curry while she is here. It's one of the things I miss the most about my life in the UK. Especially when things are busy in the run up to the film festival, I wistfully reminisce about the times when I used to come home to a stove full of lentil curry and rejoice in my exhaustion and hunger that I didn't need to cook for myself!

Siobhan and Sammie also stopped by recently on their way up the East coast. They are now in Byron Bay and I will see Siobhan again before she goes off to New Zealand for the next leg of her adventure.

I'll keep it brief as I need my sleep and have work to do. Also Christina and I have spent the evening baking cakes as we are hosting a cupcake stall at a Vintage Fair tomorrow in Randwick Town Hall. Crazy, I know, but it should be lots of fun.

cx

No comments:
Post a Comment