Wednesday, 30 January 2008

Rufus! Rufus! Rufus!

I am full of the joys today, as last night I went to see the divine Rufus Wainwright at Sydney's State Theatre. Not only that, but I and my friends had FRONT ROW SEATS! The best seats in the house, actually. We were literally metres away from the great man and he radiated his glory upon us.



His band seemed a little flat (perhaps jet-lagged) but he was his usual cheeky self, with the molasses voice and the swing in his step. With some delicious costume changes, lots of sparkle, some Judy Garland numbers thrown in for good measure, and a great repertoire of songs, Rufus is without a doubt my favourite musician.






Thus endeth my hectic January full of live events, gigs, shows, theatre and lots and lots of fun. And it doesn't stop there. Chinese New Year kicks off on Friday, then there's Mardi Gras, and my theatre subscriptions kick in. Just as work starts getting hectic. Hurrah!

Matt snaps Christina and I looking smug on the front row!


Other exciting news: I bought Christina a cupcake cookbook for her birthday, and she has embraced the cupcake baking challenge with unexpected fervour. A cupcake marathon has commenced...

One of Christina's gorgeous cupcakes


I am truly fearing for my Domestic Goddess crown and feel I need to step up to the plate on this one.

You can't have too many Rufus pics

No comments: