
Five Fascinating Facts about Adelaide
1) Adelaide is in a different time zone! Yes, I’m currently half an hour behind Sydney, so only 10 1/2 hours in front of the UK. Can’t really see the point of this, but there you go.
2) Adelaide has the largest number of churches per capita than any other place in the world.
3) This weekend the Clipsall motorcar race is taking place in Adelaide, bringing a certain type of fan to town. The place is absolutely teeming with bogans (Bogan = Aussie slang for Chav). Wonderful.
4) Next weekend is Womadelaide – literally Womad in Adelaide – sweet!
5) It’s bloody hot. If you hear no more from me it’s because I’ve melted. Plus the air is really dry. You don’t know what Thirst is until you’ve been here.
So I’m watching plenty of movies, hanging out with the lovely Matt, and attempting to meet lots of cool and influential film types. Will take some photos and fill you in on my adventures when I’m back in Sydney next week.
cx

No comments:
Post a Comment